HPNLU ADMISSION 2021.
HPNLU ADMISSION 2021: BA LLB, ENTRANCE EXAM, FEES, DATES, REGISTRATION PROCESS.
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) was established by the State Government in the year 2016 by an act of the legislature (Act 16 of 2016) situated in Shimla.
HPNLU started its own Entrance Exam: HPNLET, in 2017-2018 and continued for the academic session of 2018-2019 for admissions in various courses i. e. B.A.LL.B.; B.B.A. LL.B.; and LL.M. (One-Year Programme with two specializations – Constitutional Law and Criminal Law) and Ph.D. Programmes.
The University has decided to join CLAT Consortium from the Academic Session 2021-2022. Presently, the University functions from the campus of Himachal Pradesh Judicial Academy.
It has gained 5th position in the NIRF ranking of 2019. HPNLU is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC) and approved by the Bar Council of India.
The selection process in HPNLU is online.
HPNLU Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of the Institute||HPNLU|
|Type of Institute||Private|
|Basic Admission Criteria||BA-LLB, BBA-LLB: CLAT
LLM: CLAT PG
Ph.D: UGC NEt/JRF
|PhD (Law) Registration||May 3, 2021 – Jul 15, 2021|
|Entrance Test||Aug 8, 2021|
Himachal Pradesh National Law University BA-LLB and BBA- LLB Admission 2021
Himachal Pradesh National Law University offers BA-LLB and BBA- LLB programs at the UG level. The duration of both the BA-LLB and BBA-LLB program is 5 years. The university offers both the programs in full -time mode.
BA-LLB & BBA-LLB is a five-year integrated program offered by the university. Out of 60 seats, 25% of the seats are reserved for the Himachal Pradesh Domicile Candidates.
|BA-LLB||10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of SC/ ST candidates)||A valid Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT) Score|
Himachal Pradesh National Law University LLM Admission 2021
HPNLU offers LLM in two specialization Constitutional Law and Criminal Law. LLM is a one-year program that consists of 4 semesters. The maximum time duration for the completion of the course is 4 years.
The total seat intake for LLM is 20, out of which 5 seats are reserved for the women candidates. The eligibility for the same is as follows:
|LLM||Constitutional Law||LLB/ Five Year Integrate LLB/ Equivalent Degree with a minimum of 55% of marks. (The relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks will be given to the SC/ ST candidates)||Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT)|
Himachal Pradesh National Law University Ph.D. Admission 2021
The admission to the Ph.D. program will be done on the basis of the entrance test conducted by the university followed by a presentation of the research proposal. The candidates who have qualified UGC NET / JRF need not appear for the entrance test. Such candidates are eligible for the presentation round.
|Name of the Program||Ph.D. Law|
|Duration of Program||3-4 Years|
|Selection Process||Entrance test|
How to Apply for Himachal Pradesh National Law University?
Admission to the programs offered by HPNLU will be granted on the basis of score in ENtrance examination. Application to fill the online application form are as follows:
Application Process for BA- LLB, BBA- LLB & LLM:
- Register on the official website of the CLAT
- Fill the application form from the university website
- Submit the form along with the required documents
- The eligible candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of CLAT scores
Application Process for PhD:
- Candidates have to register on the official website of the university
- Download & submit the application form along with the required documents
- The merit list will be announced on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test/qualifying exam & presentation round.
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla
16 Miles, Shimla-Mandi National Highway Ghandal,
Phone: 0177- 2779803, 0177- 2779804
Fax: 0177- 2779802
To register for admission in HPNLU on the basis of CLAT scorecard.
- Click on the link ‘Register to apply now’ on the official website of the university
- Register providing the required details and to create the login credentials
- Login into the application window again using the credentials created after registration
- Fill in all the required personal and academic details
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- After filling and submitting all the required details, go to the application fee payment option
- Choose the mode of payment (Credit card, Debit card or Net banking) as per convenience and preference
- Verify the payment and click on ‘Proceed’ button
Application Fee for HPNLU admission application form:
|Below poverty line||FREE|
|General / OBC / Kashmiri migrants||3000|
|SC / ST / PwD||1000|