ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE KOLKATA ADMISSION 2021.
ST. XAVIER'S COLLEGE KOLKATA ADMISSION 2021: MERIT LIST (OUT), COURSES, FEES, DATES, REGISTRATION, ELIGIBILITY, SELECTION PROCESS.
St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata was established in 1860 and it is affiliated to Calcutta University. St. Xavier’s College offers admission to various UG, PG and Research Programmes in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Law and Education. Higher Secondary Examination qualified candidates will be eligible for UG admission and students holding a bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects will be eligible for PG admissions. Post Graduation degree holders can apply for PhD admission.
- Admission to the UG course will be based on the academic performance and interview conducted by the College.
- Selection to Law courses, MBA, Post Graduation courses and PhD programme will be based on the entrance examination conducted by the College.
- The interview will be conducted for admission in B.Ed.
- The application form can be submitted online through the official website of the college (https://sxuk.edu.in/).
- The application form for PhD admission can be downloaded from the website of the College.
- The application fee should be submitted through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card.
|Last date for online payment for Admission to PG Course||Oct 29, 2021|
|B.Ed Interview Process Starts||Jul 28, 2021 – Jul 30, 2021|
|PG First Selection List Releasing Date||Aug 4, 2021|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Undergraduate Admission 2021
St.Xavier’s College offers admission to various UG courses. Admission to the courses will be based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination (12th) and interview conducted by the college.
|B.Com||–||Passed 10+2 with an aggregate of 60% with pass marks in English|
|B.A.||Bengali||Passed 10+2 with minimum 60% marks. Studied and Passed in Bengali as the main subject.|
|English||Qualified candidates of Higher Secondary Examination (12th) with minimum 60% marks secured in the qualifying examination. Passing the English language is mandatory.|
|B.Sc||Physics||Qualified candidates of 12th examination with PCM stream. Minimum 60% secured in the qualifying examination.|
|Microbiology||Passed 10+2 in PCB with 60% marks secured in the final examination.|
|B.A.LL.B||–||Higher Secondary Examination (12th) qualified with 60% marks. Studied and passed English in the 12th examination.|
|B.Com LL.B||–||English and Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Statistics / Accountancy are the compulsory subjects with 60% marks secured in the qualifying examination.|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata UG Selection Criteria
- Selection will be based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination and interview.
- Admission to B.A.LL.B/B.Com LL.B will be based on the marks secured in the entrance examination conducted by St. Xavier’s College.
- The college will upload a merit list based on the performance in the last examination.
- Shortlisted candidates will be eligible for the interview conducted by the college.
- The final merit list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the official website of the college.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Postgraduate Admission 2021
St. Xavier’s Kolkata offers a Master’s degree in 5 different subjects namely Computer Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physics, and Commerce. All these courses are for a duration of two years and candidates applying for these courses must have attained a Bachelor’s degree with a certain aggregate specified below in the concerned field.
|M.Com||Accounting and Finance||55% In B.Com [Hons.] or BBA (45% For SC/ST/)|
|M.Sc||Computer Science||B.Sc. in Computer Science or its equivalent like BIT/ BCA with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|Physics||B.Sc Honours in Physics with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|Microbiology||B.Sc Major (Honours) in Microbiology or any other subject of Life sciences with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|M.A.||Political Science||B.A. Examination with Political Science Honours with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|English||Candidates who have cleared the B.A. Examination with English Honours with a minimum of 55% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|Bengali||B.A. Examination with Bengali Honours with a minimum of 50% marks in Honours (45% for reserved category).|
|B.Ed||–||50% marks in Bachelors or Masters Degree for General Category and 45% for Reserved Categories|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata PG Selection Criteria
- Admission will be based on the performance in the entrance examination conducted by the college.
- The college will upload a list of shortlisted candidates and admission will take place according to the list.
- The syllabus for the exams will be according to the course of the last attended course.
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata MBA Admission 2021
|Course Name||Master of Business Administration (MBA)|
|Eligibility||Passed UG degree with minimum 50% aggregate in marks secured in the qualifying examination.|
|Specializations||Human Resource, Finance, Marketing, and Systems & Operations|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2021
St. Xavier’s College invites application for admission in the Ph.D. programme in 4 specializations. Admission to the course will be based on the marks secured in the entrance examination and interview conducted by the College.
NET/JRF qualified candidates will be exempted from the entrance examination and will be invited for the interview.
|Ph.D||Physics||Minimum 55% marks secured in Physics/Microbiology/Biotechnology/Commerce at the M.Sc./M.com level from any UGC recognized university + qualified in NET/ SET/ MPhil from any recognized university with 2-semester/ 1-year course work or has to qualify in the research entrance test (RET) conducted by the department.|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Ph.D. Selection Criteria
- Admission to the Ph.D. will be done according to the marks secured in the entrance examination.
- Shortlisted students will be called for the interview.
- The final merit list of qualified candidates will be uploaded by the college on the official website of the College.
How to Apply for St. Xavier’s College Kolkata?
The application form can be submitted online for the UG, MBA, Integrated Law admission and application form for Ph.D. admission can be downloaded from the official website of St. Xavier’s College. The application fee can be paid through the Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card or Cash.
- Visit the official website of the college: https://www.sxccal.edu
- Register through email id and phone number.
- Enter personal information.
- Type academic details.
- Choose the subject for admission.
- Scan and upload photograph and signature along with the supporting documents.
- Pay the application fee through Online methods.
- Take a print out of the submitted application form and fee receipt.
Application Process for Ph.D.:
The application form can be downloaded from the official website of the college and can be submitted through the post with the D.D application fee.
- Visit the website of the college.
- Tap to Ph.D. admission.
- Download the application form.
- Mention the required personal information along with the academic details.
- Paste a passport size photograph.
- Draw a D.D of INR 1000/- in favor of St.Xavier’s College and submit the filled application form along with supporting documents to the Ph.D. Cell, St.Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
|UG Course||INR 500/-|
|PG Course||INR 500/-|
St. Xavier’s College Kolkata Scholarships
- 100% tuition fee waiver
- 50% tuition fee waiver
Candidate with a monthly income of the parents – INR 25,000/- or less will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Application Form (Will be available on the Website at the time of publication of selection list for admission).
- Annual income documents of the parents.
- Recommendation letter from the Principal/Headmaster/Headmistress from the institution last attended.
- For the Christians, letters from the Parish priest.
- Self-attested photocopy of the mark sheet of the previous qualifying examination.